- HOEDOWN, MAY 12th , Music by Cactus Creek & Jamie Reilly, from 8pm, Food server, BBQ, Burgers, Pig on a Spit,
- This is the MAIN fundraiser for Feile 2018, tickets available from Ian , Debbie or email@example.com
- More Details will be posted here when they become available.
- Bag Pack in Supervalu on Easter Weekend
- Draw Date March 25st : This is when we will discover our visiting teams.
- Country Music Night fundraiser in aid of Feile set for Sat 12th May.
Say Cheese !
Its was Lights, Camera, Action on Wednesday the 21st as our players posed for their official Feile Photo’s
Big thank you to Raymond Reynolds of EggXpress who was unveiled as our official Sponsor for Feile 2008
Also to Stephen McDonnell of Stephen McDonnell Photography for taking the pictures on the night.
When and Where is Feile 2018
Walterstown GFC are proud to announce that they will be a host club for Féile 2018.
The John West Féile Peile na nÓg Competition in 2018 is joint hosted by clubs in Down Louth and Meath.
The dates have been confirmed for Friday 29th June – Sunday 1st July 2018.
Féile Peile na nÓg is a national festival of Gaelic football for boys and girls under 14 years of age. It was first held in Cavan in 1982, with a total of 40 boy’s teams participating. Girls did not participate until 1994. In 2018 a total of 288 teams will take part in Féile Peile na nÓg – 176 boys’ teams and 112 girl’s teams. Féile Peile na nÓg involves the whole club, the whole community, our local schools, our referees, host families as well as social, cultural and civic authorities.
Walterstown will have two teams entered in the Féile, one boys team (U14’s) and one girls team (U14’s)
Féile is special and is one of the best weekends in the GAA calendar. This festival is about young people celebrating their love of Gaelic Games, bonding communities, allowing friendships to be made, providing educational opportunities and above all having fun.
It is a huge honor to be nominated to be a host club for this celebration of all things GAA.
The Féile Format
- Féile Peile comprises of Host Clubs and visiting Teams
- Host teams shall normally be clubs that are registered to participate within the U14 age group in the designated host Counties (Down, Louth and Meath)
- The playing divisions shall be organised on the basis of 16 teams per division, composed of 8 host clubs and their visiting teams. Each Division is divided into four groups of four teams.
- Games are 15 minutes a half
- Teams play two games on Friday afternoon/evening in a central venue (where possible double pitch venue)
- Host Club plays their visiting team on the Saturday Morning on your own Club Pitch (assuming your pitch meets health and safety standards)
- Saturday afternoon (In Central Venue) Top two teams in Group play in Cup Quarter Final / Bottom two teams in Group play in Shield Quarter Final
- Sunday – Semi Finals & Finals (Central Finals Venues)