The tremendous success of our Oscarz night in early 2019 has guaranteed that funding is in place for this initiative for a minimum of three years.
The roll call of companies and individuals who have kindly supported our efforts to date are:
- Main Sponsor: Glenbrier Construction
- Premium Sponsors: Devenish Group, Granbrind Construction, Jack & Jones, Panda Waste, Cllr. Tommy Reilly
- Sponsors: Stan Cooney, Pat Reynolds, Tayto Park
About the Schools Programme
Sarah, our Games Promotion Officer, (GPO) will work directly with the schools in the parish. The role of the GPO includes 20 hours per week in the primary schools with an emphasis on:
- Fostering and nurturing a love of sports and exercise, in a fun environment with a focus on Gaelic Games
- Encouraging the value of team sports and the importance of exercise in their daily lives for health and well being
- Improving overall physical literacy within the school children including agility, balance and coordination for continued development
- Developing sports specific skills
- Setting a foundation for continued participation in sport and exercise while including cross curricular themes
- To promote the beginning of a lifetime involvement within Walterstown GFC
Johnstown/Walterstown now has over 1,300 children in primary schools in the parish. We see the growth in numbers as a great opportunity to play a key role in their ongoing development. This long term undertaking and is not without cost and Walterstown GFC have ran significant fundraising events such as the Oscarz to fund the project.
Please contact our Treasurer Philip Cassidy if you or your company are interested in supporting our Schools Coaching Programme or email firstname.lastname@example.org
From October 2018: Walterstown GFC are delighted to announce the appointment of Sarah Doran as the club’s Games Promotion Officer. Sarah was appointed by the Leinster Council and is the clubs first full time coach. Sarah has a wealth of experience and has worked in various roles in Down GAA, Aberdeen, and Ulster GAA, not just in football but she has covered other sports as well including rugby.